Hayes Family Auto - Buyer Beware!

Waukesha, Wisconsin 3 comments

On 6/21/12, we purchased a used Cadillac STS from Brad Hayes, the owner of Hayes Family Auto in Watertown, WI.My husband drove the car to work the next day and it overheated.

He had to drive home 50 miles in 90 degree heat with the heater blowing full-blast. We took the car back to Hayes and told Brad that if it was the head gasket, to repair it correctly (i.e. drill, tap, put studs in), which Brad agreed to do. Brad supplied a loaner minivan to use while the vehicle was being repaired.

My husband's suspicions were confirmed; it was a problem with the head gasket. After a month of delays, excuses, vacations, and an inexperienced mechanic in this area of repair, Brad finally agreed to take the car to our family mechanic to have it reviewed. After 30 minutes, our mechanic determined that the minimal repair was completed by Brad's mechanic and that within four months the head gasket issue would reoccur. Our mechanic's suggestion was to return the car.

My husband called Brad and after explaining the situation, Brad agreed to a full refund. On 7/24/12, after over one month of delays, aggravation, empty promises, and lies, Brad left the refund check with an employee instead of apologizing in person. We viewed this as extremely cowardly and poor business.

We would NOT recommend this dealership to anyone.Buyer Beware!!!

Review about: Cadillac Sts.

Comments

My son and husband just bought a used truck from Hayes Auto.It lasted 2 days when a head gasket blew!

When my son called them and took the truck back, they refused to do anything about it. We feel this dealership totally lied to us and knew full well what was wrong with the truck since they said they drove it for the last few years themselves before selling it to my son and husband.

This is a very disreputable company and buyers should not deal with it.

He didn't have to give your money back sounds like he went above and beyond

I understand their frustration and mine was equal.This was a used car that disappointed me as a seller and them as a buyer.

After the sale, we invested over 60 hours of shop time and over $2000 in repairs, none of which was charged to the customer and all was absorbed by myself, a small business owner. We provided a full month loaner vehicle at no cost and returned the full purchase price of the car, tax, and title. As a business owner, I was always honest and forthright with the problems as they were discovered. I spoke with this customer every 2 - 3 days with updates and multiple apologies for a situation I could not control.

I am not a coward as our many phone conversations can attest but was unable to make the appointment time that the customer scheduled to pick up their full refund due to a family obligation. I am uncertain what other steps I could have made to satisfy them as I feel our response was above and beyond.

The car which is described was a significant financial loss for our business and will not be reoffered to the public.I recognize car problems can be frustrating and that their experience with this particular car was poor and that can be upsetting; however as a customer they were treated with courtesy, honest and fairness throughout our entire transaction